Friday 29 June 2012

China Glaze Nail Polish Lacquer 'Pool Party'

Hi everyone.
Today I wanted to do a review on the China Glaze 'Pool Party' polish, a bright matte neon pink polish. Because neon is all the rage, and after purchasing the orange Models Own polish I decided to branch out. Normally I wouldn't buy expensive brands but this seller is from America and I got this for approx. 5 pounds with delivery included. Cheap!
I would just like to point out how much of a nightmare this was to photograph. It still doesn't accurately represent the colour. Think Barbie pink but neon and you'd be half there! As you can see from the swatch, it does dry matte but I prefer a glossy topcoat so on went my Seche Vite top coat.
The formula of this polish is questionable. It needed three coats and it was very streaky. Partly why I put top coat on as it covered the streaks but was still patchy in places. I don't know if this is just the formula as I have 'Fast Track' from the Hunger Games collection and don't have issues like this? The brush is very thin which I don't mind but I know some people do.

With this said it looked fabulous on the nails until this happened:


This was after one day. I work in a bar so I expected some chips, but it just flaked off! It's on my toenails too and it's done exactly the same! Not impressed!
 I love the colour but the polish? Not so much.
Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me? Let me know!

1 comments:

  1. That's unfortunate, did you use a base coat? I find that make a big difference for the the longevity of your manicure.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© Charlie & The Beauty Factory, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena