Monday 4 February 2013

Beauty Bloggers Tag


Beauty Bloggers Tag


#1. Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging simply because I wanted to have my say. That sounds really, really narcissistic, but it is one of the only ways I could really express myself and talk about something I enjoy. Plus it means I could stop boring my long suffering friends... if they wanted my advice they can just read it all here.

#2. Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I fell in love with Adrienne’s at The Sunday Girl. The swatches, the range of products, the details and the honest reviews all made me want to read it all the time.

#3. What was the first blogosphere hyped product you bought? Was it worth the hype?
I think it was the Maybelline Colour Tattoo. I don’t tend to buy a lot of products that are new simply in case I don’t like them and it’s a waste of money. Plus if I did I would have no money/space in my house.

#4. What are your 5 favourite things about being a beauty blogger?
  • I like to think I’m saving people money – if my reviews help someone decide on a product then it’s a win in my book!
  • It gives me a place to put my thoughts on products, by writing about a product it really does help to see if it is worth re buying or trying something different.
  • I like having something I can call my own- everything on my blog is authored and created by me.
  • It is nice to interact with people who genuinely have the same interests as you, not your friend who is agreeing with you because they don’t want to be mean :P
  • As you can see from my sporadic posting I find it difficult to stick to one thing. So even if only I read this, it is showing that for once, I am dedicating myself to something. Self improvement let’s say.
#5. What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?
I have learnt that comparing yourself to others is not how you want to judge yourself. By doing this you are restraining yourself from developing as a person! Someone will always have better blog/better products/more money/more readers than you.
Even if one person reads my blog, it will make me happy.

#6. Have you changed anything since becoming a beauty blogger?
I have taken a lot more interest in my skin. I always used to moisturise, but make up removal was a swipe of a makeup wipe. Naughty naughty!

#7. What advice would you give to a beauty blogger starting out?
Don’t worry if nobody reads your blog! :p
Right that sounds odd. If you don’t get a million gazillion of views don’t sweat it.
Oh, and sign up to hello cotton, I’ve discovered some amazing blogs that way.


#8. Name your top 5 make up brands.
Rimmel, 17, MUA, Nails Inc and No7.

#9. Recommend your top 5 beauty products.
YSL Touche Eclat foundation – this illuminates your face, gives a beautiful finish and is very much what I class as good value for money.
HD brows palette – Since discovering the art of brow taming, this palette has made my life so much easier. I use this palette every day. Without it I would feel bare!
Mac lipstick in Plumful – the colour of this lipstick is just what you need from a lipstick- light enough for everyday but dark enough to jazz up a night look with heavier makeup. The finish on the lips is fantastic and the pigmentation a dream.
Real Techniques Core collection- Regardless of the make-up you use, if the tools to apply it with aren't up to scratch it's going to look iffy. The core collection changed all my base woes and I can now do my base it about a minute. And it looks good.
Vaseline - This is an odd one I get it, but with all the hype in the blogosphere about hyped up, new fangled products and technology some of the basics are overlooked. It sorts your lips out, helps your eyebrows grow, works on dry patches and hands. It is a staple product. Everyone should have one!

So there we go. A little bit of an insight into my beauty blogger thoughts or whatever. Has anybody else tried this tag? Let me know :) I'll have a little read, of course :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Charlie & The Beauty Factory, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena